In this blog post, I would like to share few news from Microsoft. Microsoft has officially announced that “no more support for Visual Studio 2005″. This is coming to end on 12th July 2016. Support for .NET Framework 2.0 is also ending on 12th April 2016. I would like to quote few lines from Microsoft directly. Below is the exact news.
In October 2005, before Twitter, jQuery, Blu-Ray movies, Xbox 360, Amazon AWS, Internet Explorer 7, and Google Analytics, we released Visual Studio 2005. A lot has happened in software development since 2005 (we’re looking at you, C++ 11, TypeScript, .NET 4.6, Cordova, Roslyn, and UWP!). So now it’s time to say goodbye.
In line with our support policy, starting April 12th 2016 Microsoft will no longer provide security updates, technical support, or hotfixes, for all Visual Studio 2005 products and the redistributable components and runtimes included with them, including the following products:
- Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition
- Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite
- All Visual Studio 2005 Team Editions
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Test Load Agent
- Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Express Edition
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition
You can read complete detail about the same on Microsoft Page.
1,245 total views, 1 views today