In today’s post, I thought to summarize few steps of becoming a MVP (Most Valuable Professional). But, before that, it would be good idea to understand the fact, who are MVPs and what is MVP Award?
Who are MVPs?
Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals, or MVPs, are technology experts who passionately share their knowledge with the community. They are always updated on the “cutting edge technology” and have a strong desire to get their hands on new & exciting technologies. They have very deep knowledge of Microsoft products and services. Normally, MVPs are driven by their passion, community spirit and their quest for knowledge.
What is the MVP Award?
For more than two decades Microsoft has a way of recognizing outstanding individuals. With MVP award, MVPs get tons of benefit like MSDN subscription, early access to all Microsoft products, direct communication with different product groups and they are also invited exclusively in Redmond for Global MVP Summit. They also have very close access to local Microsoft team in their area, who are their to support and empower the community.
How to become an MVP?
This is the question I normally get from many people. Basically, you really need to be an expert in your area. MVPs really excel in their area. Basically, they do what they love to do and they do a lot. So, whether you are great speaker, blogger, leader in technical community, contributor in forums like stack overflow, code project, csharpcorner, or a social media superstar, or code contributor in open forums like github or a open source technology enthusiast…be it anything. If you are expert in technology and which falls under MS recognition category and you are really spreading the word by some medium; then inform any MVP in your area, they will nominate you.
Then, there are few checklists, I have also mentioned the same below.
- Microsoft MVPs are not Microsoft employees. Also, MS Employees can’t get nominated for this. These guys are independent experts.
- Age must be 18 or greater.
- Once you get nominated either by any local MVP or you nominate yourself. There will be multiple stage scanning of your contributions at Microsoft by Microsoft folks.
- Although, MVPs receive many benefits from MS, but this doesn’t include monetary benefits.
- Once awarded, then, same will be valid for one year. In one year, there are 4 award cycles.
- Also, once awarded it doesn’t guarantee that it will be awarded again next year as well. Think of this is like Grammy, Oscar, IIFA…. awards. For keep getting the same, you need to be consistent in your contribution area.
- FAQs:- https://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/faq
Finally, because programs like certifications often gets confused with Microsoft MVP award. But, Microsoft MVP award is not a certification rather its a recognition.
I hope, I have given brief idea about How to become MVP.
3,723 total views, 2 views today